Books can be recycled at the following locations:
- Benton Harbor Public Library accepts hard cover and paperback books in good condition. Textbooks or encyclopedias are not accepted.
- Berrien County Jail: 269-983-7111 ext. 7234. Accepts certain paperback books and magazines in good condition for reuse.
- Better World Books: www.betterworldbooks.com. Collects books and sells them online. Revenues go towards funding literacy and education programs.
Drop-Off Locations in Berrien County
- Old National Bank, 3125 Cleveland Ave., St. Joseph
- Martin's Supermarket, 5637 Cleveland Ave., Stevensville
- Buchanan District Library, 128 East Front St., Buchanan
- Southeast Berrien County Landfill, 1540 Mayflower Rd., Niles
- Eau Claire District Library accepts hard cover and paperbacks in good condition and newer magazines. Textbooks or condensed Readers Digest are not accepted. The library also sells used books.
- Lincoln Township Public Library accepts newer hard cover and paperback books, audio and video material in good condition (no VHS tapes), and newer magazines. Textbooks or encyclopedias are not accepted.
- Mister Jack’s Paperbacks accepts and sells books in good condition. Call 269-429-8550 for trade-in/sale details.
- Mosaic Resale Shop and Resource Center
- Niles District Library accepts hardcover or paperback books in good condition.
- Padnos - Benton Harbor: 1410 N. Paw Paw Ave., Benton Harbor. 269-927-1030. Accepts hardcover and paperback books for recycling.
- Padnos - Buchanan: 15565 Walton Rd., Buchanan. 269-695-6804. Accepts hardcover and paperback books for recycling.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Day: annual Spring community collection event.
Charities and social service organizations often take gently used books. Check with your local library even if it is not listed here for book reuse opportunities.