General Duties of the Plat Review
560.241 Submission of Final Plat; Filing and Recording; State Plat Review Fee; Disposition of Fee.
(1) When a final plat is submitted to the clerk of the governing body of the municipality, the proprietor shall deposit with the plat both of the following:
(a) A filing and recording fee in an amount equal to the fee for entering and recording a real estate mortgage under section 2567 of the revised Judicator Act of 1961, 1961 PA 236, MCL 600.2567. The filing and recording fee is in addition to any fee the municipality may charge under this act.
(b) A state plat review fee of $150, plus $15 for each lot over 4 lots included in the plat. The state plat review fee shall be paid by check or money order payable to the state of Michigan.
(2) Upon approval of the plat by the governing body, the clerk shall send the filing and recording fee and the state plat review fee with the plat to the clerk of the county plat board.
(3) The clerk of the county plat board shall deposit the filing and recording fee in the county trust and agency fund for subsequent payment by county warrant from this fund to the county register of deeds in the amount of the fee and recording fee, upon submission of proof to the clerk of the county plat board that the plat has been recorded in the office of the county register of deeds.
(4) If a final plat is forwarded to the state administrator, the clerk of the county plat board shall forward the state plat review fee with the plat.
(5) A state plat review fee collected by this state shall be deposited in the state treasury for use in the administration of this act. A fund in which state plat review fees shall be deposited is created in the state treasury. This fund is a revolving fund, and money remaining in the fund at the end of the fiscal year shall be carried over in the fund to the next and succeeding fiscal years for use in the administration of this act.
History: 1967, Act 288, Eff. January 1, 1968 ;- Am. 1991, Act 59, Imd. Eff. June 27, 1991 ;- Am. 1993, Act 67, Imd. Eff. June 21, 1993 ;- Am. 1998, Act 549, Imd. Eff. January 20, 1999 ;- Am. 2016, Act 231, Eff. Oct 1, 2016
Popular Name: Plat Act
Popular Name: Subdivision Control