Prosecutors Can Help
Crime victims can turn to prosecuting attorney offices for help. Many offices have created Victim Assistance Programs to help crime victims during their involvement with the criminal justice system ... to answer questions ... to keep them informed ... to provide referrals to counseling and support groups ... and to provide personal assistance when possible.
Upon request, services can include:
• status information on your case
• referrals for counseling, support groups and emergency services (food, shelter and clothing)
• crime victim compensation information
• victim impact statements
• restitution information and assistance
• help with the return of personal property
• accompanying a victim to court
• employer intervention
• courtroom orientation & information on how the court works
• privacy prior to appearing in court
• informing the community about victim's rights
We encourage you to call your county Prosecuting Attorney's Victim Assistance office with any questions or concerns. They are there to help you.
||Victim Assistance Coordinator