Q: I want to start my own small business. Where do I begin?
1. Cornerstone Small Business Center at (269) 925-6100
2. Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center located at the Western Michigan University Southwest Campus in Benton Harbor (LMC Campus) at (269) 934-1524 or (269) 934-1526
3. Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center located at the Southwestern Michigan College M-TEC Campus in Niles at (269) 687-5640
Q: Why would I want to locate my business in Southwest Michigan?
1. Brownfield Redevelopment
2. Business Support
3. Community Development Block Grants
4. Industrial Development Revenue Bonds
5. Job Training Grants
6. Regulatory & Licensing Assistance
7. Renaissance Zones
8. Revolving Loan Fund
9. Tax Abatements
10. Workforce Development
***"Ten Reasons to do Business in Michigan's Great Southwest Brochure***
Q: What is a Revolving Loan Fund?
The purpose of a Revolving Loan Fund is to enable funding of manufacturing projects within Berrien County in order to create and/or retain jobs.
***"Revolving Loan Fund Brochure"***
Q: Is Michigan a Right-to-Work State?
No, Michigan is a work-at-will state.
Q: Does Berrien County have a lot of Union shops?
No, while Berrien County does have some Unions, the vast majority of businesses do not have Unions. In fact, only 12% of all Michigan businesses are union, with many of those companies located on the East side of the state.
Q: How can I find available buildings or land in Berrien County?
You can easily access information on available buildings and property in Berrien County by viewing our Real Estate listings.
Q: I have industrial and/or commercial properties to sell in Berrien County. Is there a no-cost service I can use?
Berrien County Community Development provides a listing of non-residential properties available in the County at no cost to owners or realtors. Please contact Jennifer Arent with the Berrien County Community Development Department at (269) 983-7111 x8788.